30 Day Challenge for Clear Skin

by Seppo on August 18, 2011

Is there something in your life you know you should do, or should stop doing? Something that would make your life better. But for some reason you just haven’t been able to nail it. I know my history is littered with such good intentions.
Here’s a simple way to solve this problem. The 30 day challenge. Matt Cutts talks about this in a recent Ted Talk. This video is worth spending 3 minutes and 27 seconds on.

The simple idea is to take something you know is good for you and then do it for the next 30 days. Why 30 days? Because 30 days is a much smaller commitment than promising to make something a lifelong habit. 30 days gives you a very concrete goal, and you can tick off the days from your calendar. If you really want it you can always get yourself to do anything for 30 days.

After the 30 days you are free to drop the new habit if you don’t want to keep doing it. Also, 30 days is about the time it takes to establish a new habit.

If you are like me and don’t really trust that you will follow up with your good intentions, then start small. Small changes are easier and they help to grow your confidence in yourself.

30 day challenge ideas for clear skin

So how could this help you to get clear? Well, make the new habit or thing something that helps your skin also. When it comes to getting clear key areas usually are: stress and emotional health, diet, exercise, external skin care and sleep.

And here are some suggestions on some of those areas:

Diet

• No sugar for 30 days
  • Eat a salad every day for 30 days
  • Green smoothie a day for 30 days

Stress and emotional health

• Don’t criticize yourself for 30 days.
  • Meditate once a day for 30 days. This could be as little as 10 to 15 minutes a day. You can use my free mindfulness meditation from CFL Meditations package. Download here (right-click and choose ‘Save As’ (or something like it))
  • Journaling for 30 days. Here’s a simple tip. Every day take a few minutes to write down your about something that’s been bothering you. Research has shown that taking just a few minutes to write about a problem helps you to process it. When you write something you force yourself to organize and make sense of it in your head. Sounds like a perfect 30 challenge to start with?

Sleep

Sleep deprivation increases inflammation and can be a key factor in acne.

• Go to bed before 11 for 30 days
  • No computer/TV after 10 PM for 30 days

So there you have it. Simple challenge and simple ideas that if you apply them for 30 days will help your skin.

So, what’s your 30 day challenge?

Did you like this? Then you will also love these products:

Clear for Life: Lifestyle for Health, Happiness and Clear Skin

Clear for Life Meditations: Melt Away the Stress of Acne and Finally Be Free

Emotional Healing for Clear Skin: Simple system for healing the emotional pain acne causes

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Johanna September 15, 2011 at 6:02 am

Is this diet okay for someone with hormonal acne to follow? This article mentions to eat salad but how many my salads a day and how far apart? Shouldn’t u eat every 3 or 4 hours for ur blood sugar levels? By following this diet, wouldn’t someone like me with a hormonal imbalance or blood sugar problems not be able to follow through this? Thank u for the time to answr this..have a good one.

Presh September 15, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Wow, sounds great! Iam gonna start tomorrow.. I think I will notice great changes. I also think that when you see the changes such lifestyle gives, you automatically wanna do it rest of your life. Wish me good luck!

Seppo September 17, 2011 at 6:38 am

@Johanna, I don’t think I recommended any particular diet here. Just give some ideas for 30 day challenges. 1 meal per day as salad would be good. If your blood sugar metabolism is healthy you don’t have to eat every 3 or 4 hours. Frequent, small meals may help if you struggle with blood sugar issues.

Seppo September 17, 2011 at 6:38 am

@Presh, good luck!

Alexandria September 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Hey Seppo, quick question. I checked out your story and realized that you had a breakout which you said was from fruits. Were u actually eating fruits which caused the breakout or juicing them? I recently attempted started a modified raw diet in which i would juice frsh organic fruits in the morning and drink it. My face has been worst than it has been in a lonnng time now. I’ve been juicing for about two months so i doubt its related to detox. i was thinking there might be some connection to drinking the fruit juice. Any ideas/suggestions?

Seppo September 20, 2011 at 3:56 am

@Alexandria, juicing fruits is not good. The sugar absorbs too quickly without fiber. Fruit juices are not a lot different from drinking soda. Fruits in moderation are ok, but I would avoid too much of them. Simply because too much sugar in any form is bad for you.

Alexandria September 20, 2011 at 1:08 pm

thanks Seppo!

Amatista September 26, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I think this idea is so good.
I would like to have green smoothies and do some exercise every day for 30 days! :)

glenda October 21, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I ‘m living in South Africa. Please I would like to know when I can get your Books here in South Africa.

glenda October 21, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Hey seppo! I’m over weight and I have very bad acne on my face. I’m always sttressed and don’t know how to control this stress ,please help me clear my face. I check out your story and I see you talk about eating health and that is one thing I can’t do because when I’m stressed I just what to eat would this be reason why my acne won’t go away.? Please Help!