Is there something in your life you know you should do, or should stop doing? Something that would make your life better. But for some reason you just haven’t been able to nail it. I know my history is littered with such good intentions.
Here’s a simple way to solve this problem. The 30 day challenge. Matt Cutts talks about this in a recent Ted Talk. This video is worth spending 3 minutes and 27 seconds on.
The simple idea is to take something you know is good for you and then do it for the next 30 days. Why 30 days? Because 30 days is a much smaller commitment than promising to make something a lifelong habit. 30 days gives you a very concrete goal, and you can tick off the days from your calendar. If you really want it you can always get yourself to do anything for 30 days.
After the 30 days you are free to drop the new habit if you don’t want to keep doing it. Also, 30 days is about the time it takes to establish a new habit.
If you are like me and don’t really trust that you will follow up with your good intentions, then start small. Small changes are easier and they help to grow your confidence in yourself.
30 day challenge ideas for clear skin
So how could this help you to get clear? Well, make the new habit or thing something that helps your skin also. When it comes to getting clear key areas usually are: stress and emotional health, diet, exercise, external skin care and sleep.
And here are some suggestions on some of those areas:
- No sugar for 30 days
- Eat a salad every day for 30 days
- Green smoothie a day for 30 days
Stress and emotional health
- Don’t criticize yourself for 30 days.
- Meditate once a day for 30 days. This could be as little as 10 to 15 minutes a day. You can use my free mindfulness meditation from CFL Meditations package. Download here (right-click and choose ‘Save As’ (or something like it))
- Journaling for 30 days. Here’s a simple tip. Every day take a few minutes to write down your about something that’s been bothering you. Research has shown that taking just a few minutes to write about a problem helps you to process it. When you write something you force yourself to organize and make sense of it in your head. Sounds like a perfect 30 challenge to start with?
Sleep deprivation increases inflammation and can be a key factor in acne.
- Go to bed before 11 for 30 days
- No computer/TV after 10 PM for 30 days
So there you have it. Simple challenge and simple ideas that if you apply them for 30 days will help your skin.
So, what’s your 30 day challenge?
Did you like this? Then you will also love these products:
Clear for Life: Lifestyle for Health, Happiness and Clear Skin
Clear for Life Meditations: Melt Away the Stress of Acne and Finally Be Free
Emotional Healing for Clear Skin: Simple system for healing the emotional pain acne causes